2012 Pantone Color of the Year!
“Sophisticated but at the same time dramatic and seductive, Tangerine Tango is and orange with a lot of depth to it,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of Pantone Color Institute.
Previous Pantone Colors of the Year
- 2012: Tangerine Tango
- 2011: Honeysuckle
- 2010: Turquoise
- 2009: Mimosa
- 2008: Blue Iris
- 2007: Chili Pepper
- 2006: Sand Dollar
- 2005: Blue Turquoise
- 2004: Tigerlily
- 2003: Aqua Sky
- 2002: True Red
- 2001: Fuchsia Rose
- 2000: Cerulean Blue
- 1950’s: Begins as a commercial printing business
- 1956: Lawrence Herbert hired as a part-time employee. Lawrence used his knowledge of chemistry to systematize the company’s stock of pigments and production of colored inks.
- 1962: Lawrence Herbert runs the ink and printing division of the company and turns a profit. This is while the commercial display division is $50,000 in debt.
- 1963: Pitched his idea to the largest ink manufacturing company in the country, and in less than 2 week he sold licensing opportunities to 20 companies.
- Today: Starting from a small company, now grown into a global business, Pantone LLC is the preeminent authority on color systems, color, and technology in many industries.