Travel blogging, or the art of traveling the world and being able to talk about your experiences through your website has really exploded in the past number of years. Our social media friends at NoPorkPies.com did some research and brought us this awesome infographic talking about travel blogs.
For full size infographic, click here.
Let’s start with the age and history of some of these travel blogs:
- 5% <1 year old
- 50% 1-2 years old
- 28% 3- years old
- 9% 5-6 years old
- 5% 7-8 years old
- 2% >9 years old
A travel company named BookFHR.com is interested in these travel bloggers because these bloggers travel for a living. 59% of respondents said they run more than one travel blog, where 41% said they only run one travel blog. If you have ever heard of the term “seo”, also known as search engine optimization, then you will find it interesting that 74% said they regularly read up about seo, while 26% said they did not.
A Few Stats About The Average Travel Blogger
- Average travel blog age is 2 yearsold
- Average page rank is 3
- Most bloggers have more than one travel blog
- Most bloggers write 5 to 15 posts per month
- 94% of bloggers sell advertising
- 3/4ths of the bloggers read up about seo
- Twitter and Facebook are the most popular social networks for bloggers