Are you going to New York City anytime soon? I’m going in September for a week and this infographic gave me some tips for where I want to take my wife to eat. Some interesting facts from the infographic:
- New Yorkers eat at restaurants nearly a billion times each year.
- 6,000 New Yorkers are hospitalized and 20,000 visit emergency rooms each year because of food-borne illnesses.
- 2,700 residents of NYC complain to the city each year about restaurant food-borne illnesses.
- 88% of New Yorkers consider the local restaurant grading in their dining decisions.
- 1 in 4 restaurants are re-inspected due to severe health code violations.