Mobile technology is rapidly changing the way we learn. As individuals, we learn much of what we learn from our computers, our smart phones and cell phones, and our iPads and tablets. Schools are catching on to this major shift in learning and exchange of knowledge.
Schools are recognizing that mobile devices like tablets and notebooks are cheaper than most laptops and are easier to maintain. Currently in the United States:
- 8 billion is spent each year on K-12 textbooks
- 2.8% of the 8 billion textbook market is spent on ebooks
- 56% of schools and libraries plan to implement or expand their digital textbook use
- 45% of schools and libraries plan to implement or expand into wireless devices for digital learning
- 100% of students will have digital text books within the next five years
- A+ Grades: Math & reading achievement schores go up when kids use connected devices
- 1/3 of Americans have not adopted broadband at home
- 100% of K-12 students in America will use mobile handheld devices for education by 2016
Infographic brought to us by T-Mobile Advancing Mobile Learning.