Have you ever wondered what features you should be looking for when shopping for an electric toothbrush. If you are in the hunt for an electric toothbrush, the following features should be kept in mind:
- Effectiveness: An electric toothbrush with an oscillation movement of rotation works best. The more vigorous, the better job the toothbrush does scrubbing your teeth.
- Bristle: Studies have found that a soft toothbrush bristle is the most dramatic and the least damaging.
- Handle Size: Pick a handle that you won’t grow tired of holding. Light weight and with an easy width for your hand to grip is ideal.
- Cost: If the toothbrush has too many features you won’t ever use, you can end up wasting a lot of money.
- Expert Opinions: Once you’ve narrowed down your search, check to see if the toothbrush is recommended by oral experts.
- Positive User Reviews: Look through sites like Amazon, CNet, Consumer Reports and Dazzling White Teeth HQ. Look through some negative user reviews to makes sure you can live with problems that show up repeatedly.
- Environmental Concerns: Research how long bristles last for your electric toothbrush. Check how easy it will be to dispose of your electric toothbrush after its life expires.
- Safety: Make sure the electric toothbrush isn’t too powerful to cause sensitive teeth. Or, if it’s vibrations are too strong and can accidently chip a tooth.
- Power Source and Charging: Choose a low voltage toothbrush. And, that the battery life last a good long time before needing a recharge. And, before needing replacement.