Good SEO Tips And SEO Best Practices
First of all, a question we hear all the time is what is SEO? Often times, when I explain what we do people respond with CEO? Or SAO? I have to enunciate, speak slowly, and say “S E O”. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. Anyone that owns a website or blog needs some form of SEO or optimization on their website. You might ask why?
Well for starters, when you have a webpage, you obviously want the webpage to be found on the Internet for some search phrase. Who is your target customer and how are they going to find you? When you answer those questions, you begin to know where you should start in optimization your webpages and website. This type of webpage and website optimization is known as Search Engine Optimization. We have this awesome infographic here on SEO Tips infographic designed by 100webhosting.com to help us learn some SEO best practices.
When you spend time to optimize your webpages and website, you establish trust with potential customers because when they land on your pages, they recognize that they are finding what they came to find. Google, Yahoo, and Bing crawl webpages on the Internet and try to figure out what they are about. They begin with figuring out what keywords you have on your pages and what your page is about. If you are wanting to attract more visitors, begin by taking SEO beginner steps to optimizing your website.
- Link Building: First of all, focus on building sustainable links on the web that will not get penalized or wiped out with the next Google algorithm update.
- Link Building: Try to get links from many places.
- Link Building: Do not buy links, or be fooled by link farms. These will hurt your website.
- Domain: Make sure you have a trustworthy domain. You can purchase a long term establish domain from someone else if you would like. This can help.
- Keywords: Focus on optimizing your title tags, heading tags, meta tags, meta descriptions, images, and file names.
- Keywords: Do not stuff the page with your keywords though.
- Content: Create great content that your readers will enjoy reading and find useful.
- Competitive Analysis: Be aware of your competitors and what they are doing.
- Competitive Analysis: Watch what your competitors are doing on the web and see who is ranking above you for certain keywords and search phrases.