Let’s explore some really interesting facts about the human eye!
Infographic brought to us by Perfect Glasses USA.
Here are 10 facts you probably didn’t know about the human eye:
- Newborn babies do not produce tears
- Infant babies begin blinking at about 6 months old
- Humans blink an average of 12 times per minute
- The average blink lasts 0.3 second
- When you are born, your eyes are about 70% of their adult size
- Being born with two differently colored eyes is a condition called Heterochromia
- The older we get, the less tears we are able to produce
- Primary cause of blindness in adults in the US is from diabetes
- All babies are color blind when they are born
- Humans are the only animal on the planet to show the white of their eyes